Digital transformation changes expectations: better service, faster delivery, with less cost. Businesses must transform to stay relevant and data holds the answers. We recognize a generational market disruption in data is underway. We are in era, where data powers digital transformation and we’re here to help you intelligently lead—in any sector, category or niche. Datalumen provides you the data solutions to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities and create new inventions. With 100 percent focus on everything data, we offer the versatility needed to succeed. We invite you to explore all that Datalumen has to offer—and unleash the power of data to drive your next intelligent disruption.
Ensure clean, high-quality data regardless of its size, data format, platform or technology.
Quality is a relative and never-ending judgment, one that needs to be defined by the business that is consuming the data. An essential element of holistic data governance, trustworthy data serves critical business needs across the enterprise—from legal to finance to marketing and beyond.
Driving data quality requires a repeatable process that includes:
- Defining the specific requirements for “good data” wherever it’s used.
- Establishing rules for certifying the quality of that data.
- Integrating those rules into an existing workflow to both test and allow for exception handling.
- Continuing to monitor and measure data quality during its lifecycle (usually done by data stewards).
And because rules and needs change and new systems can be added to the mix, truly successful data quality initiatives need to be scalable to address those new requirements.
Data Governance – Business Semantics Glossary and Metadata Management
Govern your data holistically to stay compliant, reduce costs and mitigate risks.
Holistic data governance means you’re managing data completely across the organizational, architectural, and political silos in your company. This requires aligning people, process, policy, and technology to ensure the delivery of trusted, secure data so you can meet industry regulations, reduce the cost of doing business, and grow revenue. If you ignore the need for data governance and management, you’re missing out on opportunities and potentially jeopardizing your business.
What do we offer?
- Collaboration. Our solutions ensure your data stewards, business users, and IT team can govern data processes, policies, and standards across your organization—all in one platform. The result? Silos are eliminated.
- Consistent policy applications. Our solutions enable data stewards to define data governance policies, rules, and standards once and trust that they will be applied consistently across the enterprise, improving agility and effectiveness.
- We practice what we preach. Our same thought leadership and best practices that drive customer success are directly tied to the capabilities and innovations delivered throughout our platform.
The goal of data governance is to ensure data delivers business value. After all, data is merely the means to an end—and that end is improved business performance.
Data integration is the process of combining data from many different sources—typically for analysis, business intelligence, reporting, or loading—into an application. The benefit is that you gain one view of all your data and can stop wasting time looking for it in its silos.
A data integration project usually involves the following steps:
- Accessing data from all its sources and locations, whether those are on premises or in the cloud or some combination of both.
- Integrating data, so that records from one data source map to records in another (e.g., even if one dataset uses “lastname, firstname” and another uses “fname, lname,” the integrated set will make sure both end up in the right place). This type of data preparation is essential for analytics or other applications to be able to use the data with any success.
- Delivering integrated data to the business exactly when the business needs it, whether it is in batch, near real time, or real time.
How can you benefit from data integration?
You’ve learned from bitter experience that if you’re not managing your data, the data will overpower your business. But you wouldn’t write your own database or code an enterprise ERP system in your IT shop. Likewise, you shouldn’t hand-code your data integration projects. You need a proven, automated, and agile data integration solution that lets you combine or migrate data swiftly, painlessly, and cost effectively—one that gives you:
- Universal access: Can you get to the data, whether it’s in a legacy database, the cloud, Hadoop, or a hybrid ecosystem?
- Built-in data quality: If you move inconsistent or incorrect data to a new application, will the data be cleansed? How effective will the new application be?
- Vendor stability: Invest with a proven vendor you know will be around in the future.
- Business-IT collaboration: You’ll want a tool that reduces the back-and-forth between business and IT so that businesses get exactly what they need, and quickly.